Hi,

I came upon this post while searching for a way to do exactly the same thing.
Now that I've found a solution, I thought I would post it for the benefit of
everyone on this forum:

// create the windows and start the required threads.
viewer.realize();

// add a caption to the viewer window
osgViewer::Viewer::Windows ViewerWindow;
viewer.getWindows(ViewerWindow);
if (!ViewerWindow.empty())
{
  ViewerWindow.front()->setWindowName( "MyCaption" );
}

// Get windows handle for viewer window and set the viewer window icon
hWnd = FindWindow(NULL, _T("MyCaption" );
HANDLE hIcon = LoadImage(0, "MyIcon.ico", IMAGE_ICON, 0, 0, LR_LOADFROMFILE);

if( hIcon && hWnd )
{
  SendMessage(hWnd, WM_SETICON, ICON_SMALL, (LPARAM)hIcon);
}

Cheers,

Kevin