Hello Lee,

Hi forks.

I prefer to think of myself as a spoon. SPOOOOOOOON! Sorry, I had to. :-)

1 When I run it via visual studio, I get information that can not load
island.ive. But I have download the oceandata and put it into resources
directory just like osgocean wiki told.

If you run in Visual Studio, the default working directory is where the executable is located. If you go into the oceanExample's project properties, Debugging section, you can set the Working Directory to where the resources directory is located (the base of your osgOcean checkout), and then islands.ive and the skydome images should be found.

2 When I run it from bin directory by .exe, I get information that can
not found plug-in to handle png files. But i already have gotten the
libpng.lib file and set that directory by system variable.

You need to have the OSG libraries and its dependencies on your system PATH. This means you need to put on your PATH the directory that contains osgXX-osg.dll and others, and the PNG plugin needs libpng13.dll which needs to be in your PATH as well. I generally copy the contents of the 3rdparty\bin directory into my OpenSceneGraph\bin directory so that I'm sure all OSG's dependencies will be found if OSG itself is.

In both situations, the sky was not rendered.

See above, the skydome images are in the resources folder and are PNG images, thus will only be found and loaded if a) you run the oceanExample from the correct working directory, and b) the png plugin can load them.

Hope this helps,

J-S