Hi Huron,

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:02 AM, Huron Sam Perera
<hsper...@bellhelicopter.textron.com> wrote:
> When I run my application (on Linux Debian) which has call to do intersection
> tests, I get:
>
> undefined symbol: ZN11OpenThreads6AtomicmmEv
>
> when the application is trying to call addIntersector() function of the
> osgUtil::IntersectorGroup. In my application's Makefile I only link with
> libOpenThreads.so, libosgDB.so and libosgTerrain.so. Is that not enough or is
> it some other problem?

I'd add libosg.so into the list, but I don't think it'd address the
link problem as it relates to OpenThreads.

The undefined symbol itself makes me wonder if you have libs and
headers that conflict in their implementation of the
OpenThreads::Mutex.

Did you build the OSG yourself, or pull it in from debian
repositories?  Which version of the OSG?  Have a check of your
include/OpenThreads/Config to see what it has defined.  I'm using
Kubuntu so it's a debian based system and build the OSG myself (;-)
and my include/OpenThreads/Config looks like:

// ... comments removed .. so focus on the important bits:
#ifndef _OPENTHREADS_CONFIG
#define _OPENTHREADS_CONFIG

#define _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS
/* #undef _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_MIPOSPRO_BUILTINS */
/* #undef _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_SUN */
/* #undef _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_WIN32_INTERLOCKED */
/* #undef _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_BSD_ATOMIC */
/* #undef _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_MUTEX */
/* #undef OT_LIBRARY_STATIC */

#endif

In this case OpenThreads itself must also be built with atomic gcc builtins.

Robert.

Not that it's