Dear OSG Community,

I'm developing visualization software, which involves rendering of large point
clouds. I optimized the scene graph in order to get better frame rates. In
particular I now use osg::Geometry instead of osg::ShapeDrawable.

I tested it on 2 different machines and got different performance gains.
System 1 (Notebook): Intel Pentium-M, 1.86GHz, 1GB RAM, Intel GMA900 Chipset,
Windows XP
System 2 (Desktop PC): Intel Core 2 DuoE8400, 3 GHz, 2GB RAM, GeForce 9500 GT,
Windows XP

On System 1 the rendering is about 40% faster with the optimizations. And on
System 2 I got a 7x higher framerate !

Now, my question is: what can be the reasons for that dramatically differnet
performance gain? I suppose, it is because of the different OpenGL
implementations and graphics hardware, but I don't have a clue whats really
going on here ...
Who can give me some comprehensible explanations?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Felix