Hi Mourad
Dont know if you are interested by this solution, But if you are on
linux, I have done this a year ago with gstreamer.
I wrote on the mailing list to explain how to do it. With a quick search
you should be able to find it. Dont hesitate to ask if you want to try
this path.

Cedric

On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 17:13 +0100, Mourad Boufarguine wrote:

>         My case is the second one. I want to stream osg rendered
>         frames over network.
>
>         So, I have to install ffmpeg libs. But, Must I install
>         Live555? Or if I use ffmpeg it will be enought? What is your
>         recomendation?
>

> Hi,
>

> Ok, it is more clear now.
> Well, it should be possible to use only ffmpeg, but I think it is
> difficult with Windows :)
> FFmpeg distrib contains a streaming server application (ffserver). I
> didn't hear of someone who succedded to build and make ffserver work
> on a Windows machine. I didn't also find a Windows port of this
> program.
>

> Anyways, the big steps to stream rendered frames, is to encode them
> (using ffmpeg) and then stream them (ussing ffserver or Live555).
> Encoding the frames is not difficult to do. At least you should be
> able to save the rendered frames in a video file following the
> output-example.c sample shipped with ffmpeg sources
> (http://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/output-example_8c-source.html). At
> the osg part, you can do reder-to-texture to get the raw rendered
> frames.
>

> The streaming part is more challenging. If you manage to make ffserver
> work, it would be straightforward. all you need to do would be to
> write the output of the encoded frames into a ffserver feed (like in
> this http://www.mygeekproject.com/?tag=ffserver)
> Otherwise, you can use live555 for streaming. The problem with that is
> there is no concrete documentation on ffmpeg/live555 integration, but,
> it is feasable. The main difficulty is to choose a working combination
> of a ffmpeg encoder and a live555 streaming container and to configure
> them accordingly.
>

> Mourad

Provide OpenGL, WebGL and OpenSceneGraph services
+33 659 598 614 Cedric Pinson mailto:cedric.pin...@plopbyte.net
http://www.plopbyte.net