Hi Eric

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 7:07 AM, Eric Sokolowsky <esok....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to use international text (probably unicode) with osgText? I
> just get garbled characters when I use my application which uses osgText for
> the text. When using vi or other text editors I can see the international
> characters normally. I am using OSG 2.8.3 primarily.

Are you specifying the correct encoding type when setting the string on the
osgText object? I am able to display Unicode characters fine on Windows
using UTF-8 encoding. I haven't tried other encodings though.

I'm not sure if this is an issue on Mac, but on Windows some characters
don't show up properly, even when the correct encoding is specified. This is
because the selected font might not support all the Unicode characters in
the string. So you might wan to make sure that the font you are using
supports all the characters you are trying to display.

Cheers,
Farshid