Hi,

I'm working on an application that manipulates a 3d terrain (one big single
geometry). I'm using OSG for 3d rendering as well as for internal data
manipulation. I need to calculate the visibility of each point of a result grid
from a certain position P.

I have setup the simplest algorithm for this. It goes like this

for each point of my grid
--compute the 3D position P' on the terrain
--create a segment between P and P'
--call the intersector with the segment on the terrain
--if there is an intersection
----flag the point as hidden
do it again

As you can imagine, this is going fairly slow. I suppose the main issue is that
the intersector is testing every single triangle for an intersection.
Any idea to optimize this ? Thanks,

Jean-Charles[/code]