From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Xiaofeng Yang
Sent: Wednesday, 9 November 2011 6:48 PM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: [osg-users] [vpb] How to add texture to the terrain using vpbmaster

Hi,
I have downloaded the hgt format file from the dds.cr.usgs.gov
and I used the osgdem to generate the terrain(ive format),
I use osgDB::readNodeFile to get a node from the terrain file and I can get the
lat,lon information everywhere in the terrain right.
But the terrrain does not have the texture,So I download a jpg format picture
and use globalmapper to set the coordinate system and the lat,lons. I can also
use gdalinfo to get the information about the texture file.
But when I use vpbmaster to patch the texture file to my terrain file,it always
prints No soure file found to base database patching on.
When I use osgdem to generate the terrain with texutre,I can get the ive
terrain with texture,but it does not have the coordinate system or its system
is not right.
I do not know why and how to add the texture to the terrain well.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Xiaofeng

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail transmission and any documents, files and
previous e-mail messages attached to it are private and confidential.
They may contain proprietary or copyright material or information that
is subject to legal professional privilege.  They are for the use of
the intended recipient only.  Any unauthorised viewing, use, disclosure,
copying, alteration, storage or distribution of, or reliance on, this
message is strictly prohibited.  No part may be reproduced, adapted or
transmitted without the written permission of the owner.  If you have
received this transmission in error, or are not an authorised recipient,
please immediately notify the sender by return email, delete this
message and all copies from your e-mail system, and destroy any printed
copies.  Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient should not
be deemed a waiver of any privilege or protection.  Thales Australia
does not warrant or represent that this e-mail or any documents, files
and previous e-mail messages attached are error or virus free.