Hi Donn,

On 8 February 2012 01:37, Donn Washburn <n5...@comcast.net> wrote:
> It seems that ffmpeg is alway lately being a problem in recent distros.  I
> have Flightgear to compile and the most current vesion of openSuSE fails to
> compile.  So thinking it is a bad ffmpeg source I downloaded and compiled
> ffmpeg after removing all the old libav*  Enclosed is a copy of the tail end
> a OSG version.

Which version of ffmpeg is causing problems?  Which version of the OSG
are you compiling against?  With the OSG we've had to keep making
amendments to keep things compiling against the evolution of the
ffmpeg source, so generally OSG svn/trunk will have the most current
fixes to address the compilation issues.  If ffmpeg has moved on since
then, then we'll need to look at further changes.

As a general note, does Flightgear need video?  If not then you won't
need to compile the OSG against ffmpeg.