I am using osgDB::readNodeFile to load in some .flt files. What I am
wondering is if there is some type of option that can have it not load
the external references in the files. Right now I just send a
NodeVisitor through to round up a list of all the ProxyNodes and then I
run through that list and remove them from their parents. While this
works, it is not ideal as I have to go through and actually load in of
the references. I do not need the references themselves. Unfortunately
editing the actual .flt files is not an option. If this is the best
solution, so be it.  Thanks.

Karl