Hi,

I just want to add that i'm currently trying to read depth buffer in an
"osg::Image" object thanks to this topic: "render depth buffer to image for one
time" (sorry i can't post link)
However, even if it doesn't work for now, i hope this will soon work.

I have seen the kdtree solution to speed the polytope compute algorithm (not
test yet).
I also tried to store only the nearest point in polytope while I add them in
the Intersections typedef (change for std::list instead of std::set in osg
solution).  the method i customized is void
PolytopeIntersector::intersect(osgUtil::IntersectionVisitor& iv, osg::Drawable*
drawable)
What I made gave me one of the nearest point, but not the one i'm looking for->
I must didn't get something important...
Now I use the original PolypeIntersector, but here is what i made. Maybe, if
someone can tell me what's wrong, my problem will be solved...

Custom Polytope intersector

Code:

typedef std::list<Intersection> Intersections;

inline void insertIntersection(Intersection& intersection) {
        getIntersections().push_back(intersection);
}

inline Intersections& getIntersections() {
        return _parent ? _parent->_intersections : _intersections;
}

inline Intersection getFirstIntersection() {
        Intersections& intersections = getIntersections();
        return intersections.empty() ? Intersection() : (intersections.back());
}

and intersect method:

Code:

if(hit < getFirstIntersection() || !containsIntersections())
{
    insertIntersection(hit);
}

I'm sure this problem has already been solved, and i ask for clue in order to
not test all possible solutions ;)

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Jeremie ;)