Thanks for info.  It would be nice if the build system was updated so that it
would test lipo on libraries before using them in the project. 32bit libraries
are not uncommon at least on our Macs, so we have to do a lot of hiding of
libraries to get OSG to build since cmake will happily point to incompatible
32bit libraries.  Nevertheless, we did that and the build works, however, the
ffmpeg plugin requires the linker flags that for some reason cmake is not
adding, so I have to add them manually to the link.txt file (don't know how to
add them in cmake).

-lmp3lame -lx264 -lbz2 -lfaad