From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Paul
Herbert
Sent: 04 February 2013 15:33
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: [osg-users] [forum] viewer goes to default blue color after model
load

Hi,

I realize this questions is vague, so my apologies, but I'm hoping that some
people here might have some guesses as to what is happening because I am
very stuck.

I have a program that is a static camera view inside a room model.  Inside
this room other models (.OSG files) are loaded, moved, and unloaded.  There
is some more to it than that but that is the gist.  This code has been
working for some years now on 32-bit XP, but we recently put the program on
a PC with Windows 7 64-bit and an Nvidia NVS 300 video card with updated
drivers (310.90).  The current OSG version being used is 2.8.3.

Most of the time the program functions as expected, but once or twice in a
day when the user loads a model the Viewer goes completely blank, back to
the default color.  No models show.  We can go through the process of
trouble, but the Viewer stays blue.  If I turn on the StatsHandler when this
happens it shows the Cull Time spiking majorly and the Frame Rate drops
substantially, but no crashes occur.  Everything else seems functionally
normal.  This can happen after loading just a couple models, or it can
happen after many hours of loading and unloading models.  The only common
link seems to be that it occurs when we load a model.  The model being
loaded doesn't seem to matter either...it can happen on any of them.

Does anyone have any ideas or guesses about what might be happening?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Paul