That's neat...a lot more folks coming out of the closet that are using
OSG-based IGs using CIGI...;^).

Actually CIGI is quite prolific in the IG industry which is nice for anyone
who has a host that has to interface with different IGs or wants to upgrade
to a different IG that supports CIGI. You don't have to rewrite the
communication protocol to switch IGs...

I think VT Mak is another high profile IG vendor that uses OSG technology
under the hood that may support CIGI.

The last time I glanced at Boeing's MPV code, they had upgraded it to
support OSG 2.8.2. They've jettisoned most of the SDL dependencies and are
now using the osgViewer paradigm along with other, more modern OSG concepts.
The blackboard paradigm still exists with some enhancements.

I don't consider myself a prognosticator but I predict that you will see
more IGs emerge, based on OSG and other open source tools. They will
eventually replace IGs that rely on proprietary scenegraphs and databases
because of reduced cost. In the early days, IG vendors relied on proprietary
hardware to introduce their discriminators from the competition. With the
advent of programmable GPUs found on COTS cards such as NVIDIA and ATI, most
of those proprietary hardware discriminators have evaporated and many have
had to retreat to proprietary scenegraphs, tools, and databases to maintain
their business edge. I think you will see a similar revolution in the
software realm as open source tools like OSG make inroads into the current
IG market. Proprietary software used by most IG vendors today (such as
scenegraphs and databases) could suffer the same fate as proprietary IG
hardware did back in the 90's...

-Shayne