Hi John,

Quoting "John Moore" <kahar...@gmail.com>:
In my app I am using 2 textures of size 4096x2048.
I have a serious problem of memory usage.

using this code my app jumps from 20 MB of memory to 250 MB of memory usage

Since I am developing on mobile platform this is a huge waste of memory.

I partially solved the problem by changing the MIN_FILTER from LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR to LINEAR
Now the memory usage is 150MB

It's still a lot!

Do you know a way to optimize the memory usage of these 2 textures?

You can set 'osg::Texture::setUnRefImageDataAfterApply' on the texture if you don't need to keep the osg::Image in memory.

Cheers,
/ulrich