Ahoj Petr,

you can override the bound volume calculation with your own code via
callback. Have a look in the Node class

/** Callback to allow users to override the default computation of bounding
volume.*/
        struct ComputeBoundingSphereCallback : public osg::Object
        {
           virtual BoundingSphere computeBound(const osg::Node&) const {
return BoundingSphere(); }
        };

so here you do the default Node::computeBound and adjust the radius by
something small (like radius *= 1.1)

Hope this helps

Nick

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 10:00 PM, Petr Svoboda <upd...@seznam.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask if there is some way how to create bigger bounding box
> over some model to make it easier to pick it/ intersect with.
> For example if there is a cow.osg model and I want to pick it then how do
> it in a way that I dont need to click with my mouse exactly on that model
> but a bit "next to it".
> Is that was is osg::BoundingBox made for? Or the purpose of BoundingBox is
> just for culling etc.?
> I would like to use osg::LineSegmentIntersector + osg::IntersectVisitor.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Cheers,
> Petr

> Read this topic online here: