Apologies for not proofreading my initial post as much. "a interesting"
should have been "interested".

Well, there is some source code in the Khronos github repository, but it's
mostly a Collada 2 glTF converter as well as some JavaScript code for

So it seems the implementation of a reader plug-in would have to be mostly
from scratch. A writer plug-in might be slightly easier to come up with,
based on parts of the Collada 2 glTF converter.

Christian