Hi Robert,

Unfortunately the fix didn't address the crash I am encountering.  The issue of
the dynamic cast in objectDeleted()
(\openscenegraph\src\osgUtil\CullVisitor.cpp) failing remains...

        virtual void objectDeleted(void* object)

        {

            osg::Referenced* ref = reinterpret_cast<osg::Referenced*>(object);

            osgUtil::CullVisitor* cv = dynamic_cast<osgUtil::CullVisitor*>(ref);

            OpenThreads::ScopedLock<OpenThreads::Mutex> lock(_mutex);

            RenderStageMap::iterator itr = _renderStageMap.find(cv);

            if (itr!=_renderStageMap.end())

            {

                _renderStageMap.erase(itr);

            }

        }

I was going to define our object that inherits from the CullVisitor as an
osg::ref_ptr.  Perhaps doing so will delay the freeing of the CullVisitor
object long enough within the CullVisitor destructor so that the problematic
dynamic cast will succeed.  I am open to any other suggestions as well.  I may
have to resort to just creating a small example program that reproduces the
issue.

Thanks,

Rick