Hi Nick,

There isn't a feature directly built into osg::PageLOD or
DatabasePager for this.

What you could do is look at the  creating a custom DatabasePager that
overrides the following method:

       /** Merge the changes to the scene graph by calling calling
removeExpiredSubgraphs then addLoadedDataToSceneGraph.
          * Note, must only be called from single thread update phase. */
        virtual void updateSceneGraph(const osg::FrameStamp& frameStamp);

Within this you could add your own tracking of when things are merge or removed.

Robert.