On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 at 17:01, Chris Hanson <xe...@alphapixel.com> wrote:
> Ok, so does anyone have any actual current contacts with Khronos? I have a
> few distant ones but they aren't terribly responsive.

I have met a few from the ARB/Khronos over the years but don't have
any personal contacts.   If people do then please let us know rather
chatting with them right away as going off cocked could do more damage
than good.  If you have a contact then please email me directly and we
can then coordinate.

If there are people going to Siggraph then this might be a time to
bring up the topic of the new scene graph and it's planned name to
members of Khronos, again just emailing me directly will be the best
way to coordinate.

>From my perspective I think the VulkanSceneGraph is by far the most
appropriate name for the project, it is literally exactly what is says
it is.  I also believe that it'll be a big asset to Vulkan adoption
beyond the games industry and promotion to these sectors, and this
will mean that it's a valuable project for Khronos to be supportive
of.

For now I'd like to just keep focused on making progress on the
technical/design side, get a design paper written, though the planned
timeline for this (late August) will be a bit late to share at
Siggraph which is in mid August.  By Siggraph I should have a clearer
idea of how thing will look so perhaps a draft might be possible.
Would also like think we'll have a triangle of two rendering by then
in a preliminary experiments.