Hi,

I have two questions regarding the use of theosgParticle class.
(1) I'm trying to create a plume emitter, though I would like be able to adjust
the color and alphaRange of the particle template depending on the viewer that
renders it. My first attempt was to update the color range before rendering a
frame of the second viewer, using:

Code:

while (!viewer.done())
{

ps->getDefaultParticleTemplate().setColorRange(osgParticle::rangev4(osg::Vec4(1,
 0, 0, 1), osg::Vec4(0, 0, 1, 1)));
        viewer.frame();

ps->getDefaultParticleTemplate().setColorRange(osgParticle::rangev4(osg::Vec4(1,
 1, 0, 1), osg::Vec4(0, 0, 1, 1)));
        viewer2.frame();
}

where ps is the particle system. Though this will only use the first defined
color range for both frames. I guess I am failing to understand when exactly
the particleSystemUpdater is called.

(2) I was also wondering why the shape of the emitted plume changes drastically
when I increase the timestep per frame. For example, when I create frames at
discrete timesteps using the following bit of code, only a small part of the
plume will be visible, as if many particles were never created, or killed too
soon.:

Code:

double simulationTime = 0;
while(!viewer.done())
{
viewer.frame(simulationTime);
simulationTime += 0.1;
}

I'm sorry I'm not too experienced in OSG  :-* . any help would be very much
appreciated! :)

Cheers,
ivar [/code]