HI Brian,

I am not aware of any issues with textured point sprites in 3.6.

If the rendering flickers between states as you move the eye point
then this is an indication that some state hasn't been consistently
set up in your scene graph so that subgraph that is flickering is
inheriting state randomly from other parts of the scene.  An undefined
colour array or texture coord array in an osg::Geometry would cause
this type of isse.

With some much application specific code in your code snippets there
really is just too many unkowns for us to be able to guess what may be
wrong.

The best way for us to help would be if you can create a small example
that illustrates the problem.  If there is a bug in your code then
just trying to recreate the code might help you spot this.  If there
is an actual bug on the OSG side then this example could be used as a
unit test that we can use to reproduce the bug and help with the debug
process.