Back from holidays...

Community support is thin when considering OpenSceneGraph with Qt. I am
currenlty the only maintainer of osgQt because I have a software using it
and I didn't want the project to be tossed out.

The Qt4 way of doing things with legacy osgQt (that was droped from
OpenSceneGraph) doesn't fit well with the Qt5 way of doing things. Since
Qt5.7 there are even incompatibilities (black screens, etc.).

Qt4 support is getting difficult, even debian is dropping Qt4 (
https://wiki.debian.org/Qt4Removal).

In anticipation I have proposed to drop Qt4 and concentrate only on Qt5.
Robert only asked to keep the Qt4 version around and make it clear which
version of osg compiles with which version/branch of osgQt.

There is a feature branch (since Feb '18) of the Qt5 way of doing things
awaiting testing and validation from the community. This is the code I use
in my application which was crafted by paid support from KDab's Mike Krus
(from which I had authorization to open source).

https://github.com/openscenegraph/osgQt/tree/feature/osgQOpenGL

Regards
--
nǝıɥʇɐƜ