I am out of suggestions, but here are a few questions that I can come up
with:
- did the problematic node come out of the cache, or did it come fresh from
disk?
  (modelResult._status has this info)
- Is the parent group (and it's _children vector) still sane?
- If the parent node is still sane, can you match it to the file on disk
and possibly tell what sort of node the problem appears in?
- What is the file format of the file on disk? Do you have (use) multiple
pager threads? Could the file loader have a multithreading problem?

Unless the node is a proxy or pagedlod this appears to be a different
problem than the cache release problem. You say the node looks like
deleted,  all I can conclude is that the Node* doesn't point to a valid
node.

Other annoying questions:
Are you sure your build is clean? You say you build osg master, but from
your stack trace
osg130-osg.dll!osg::clone
osg130-osg.dll  hints at osg 3.4.0 or 3.4.1 Release candidate 2

Regards, Laurens.