Hi Gianluca,
I have a feeling something is wrong with your setup, as we do these sort of
graphs in our viewer and get way higher framerates.
I get about 60 fps rendering 1920x1080x2 (=red-green stereo) on my Geforce
1080,
with a static scene of 1.1 M vertices (886k triangels)
and in a similar shape ~9200 matixTransforms each with a ref to mostly the
same tree (4.5k vertices, vk triangels)
A few questions:
where seems to be the bottelneck when you enable the stats?
What os/gfx combo do you use?
if you dump out the scene and load it into the osgviewer, does the
framerate improve?
are you sure you're not useing a windows debug build?

Regards, Laurens.