Hi Tom,
I think your obj file is invalid, as the faces all reference normal "0" and
1> no normals are provided
2> normal indices start at 1 (according to wikipedia
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavefront_.obj_file#Face_elements>)

if I reduce your obj file to just the first face (removing material and all
but vertex/texcoord 0-1-2) ( attached )
I get the same crash with
osgconv DataFace1.obj
removing the /0 (normal ref) three times fixes the problem - same works for
the large file (with textures working)
Laurens.