Hi Fiabian,

On Monday, 27 January 2020 09:41:43 UTC, Fabian Roth wrote:

> Hi,
> I am currently testing this RC with openmw.
> If i have the fps display or profiler open while exiting the application i
> get a crash on exit.
> I am not sure if this is due to a bug in my build, a bug in openmw or a
> real issue with osg.
> The issue seems to be related to the destruction of the default font, but
> i was not able to investigate further.
> Attached is a Backtrace of the issue i am currently observing.

That stack trace looks like the automatic clean up of the ObjectCache with
the DefaultFont within it is related somehow to the crash.  How the
DefaultFont is managed has changed, to address bugs ironically, and in a
general sense the clean up the stack trace looks just fine to me, it's
roughly what I'd expect to happen.  However, I don't have any clear idea
why in this instance the crash has occurred.

Given there isn't any obvious amiss we are unfortunately are left to widen
out the search for what is amiss.

Does running an OSG example like osgtext fail?

Do others in the OpenMMW community seen this same crash?

Is it possible to run OpenMMW single threaded to see if there might be some
thread interaction?

What OS/compile and OpenMMW version combination are you using?

One possible cause of crash like this is memory corruption during the run
of the application that is only revealed on clean up.  Using a memory tools
like valgrind might be spot this type of issue.

Perhaps others might have seen something similar and can help shed some
light on the nature of the crash.

If it's possible to recreate the crash with an standard OSG example, or a
small modification of one, then this would be really helpful for me to jump
in a start investigating the issue.

Cheers.