Hi Dan,

Thanks for all the details.  Seeing a difference between the same scene
graph in our Qt based viewer vs OSG suggests that the Qt side is changing
OpenGL state, or setting up the graphics context+frame buffers in a
different way to the OSG does.

I don't have any Qt expertise so can't help with that side of things,
perhaps other OSG/Qt users can help, or perhaps the Qt community can
provide guidance on what OpenGL state it sets.  The OSG can't change OpenGL
state that it isn't aware of, but if you can tell the OSG about this state
via the osg::State::haveApplied*() calls:

       /** Mode has been set externally, update state to reflect this
setting.*/
        void haveAppliedMode(StateAttribute::GLMode
mode,StateAttribute::GLModeValue value);

        /** Mode has been set externally, therefore dirty the associated
mode in osg::State
          * so it is applied on next call to osg::State::apply(..)*/
        void haveAppliedMode(StateAttribute::GLMode mode);

        /** Attribute has been applied externally, update state to reflect
this setting.*/
        void haveAppliedAttribute(const StateAttribute* attribute);

        /** Attribute has been applied externally,
          * and therefore this attribute type has been dirtied
          * and will need to be re-applied on next osg::State.apply(..).
          * note, if you have an osg::StateAttribute which you have applied
externally
          * then use the have_applied(attribute) method as this will cause
the osg::State to
          * track the current state more accurately and enable lazy state
updating such
          * that only changed state will be applied.*/
        void haveAppliedAttribute(StateAttribute::Type type, unsigned int
member=0);

At a guess I'd suggest it's the blending or texture filter that could amiss.