Hi,

On Thursday 19 October 2006 21:47, Don Burns wrote:
> Something Freudian, something possibly evil, something I can file away as
> sins of omission:  I forgot to add IRIX, to the list of OS's to vote for on
> the front page poll.  After several of you listed IRIX in your "Other"
> choices, I decided to fix the database and the poll.  Yes, SGI may have
> dumped IRIX, but obviously, not all of you have yet, so we'll recognize it
> now for the time being.
>
> Actually, the piece that I was interested in seeing, was the fact that
> there were more votes for Solaris than IRIX (12 to 8, in fact).  very
> interesting... and a bit sad.
Well I was the second one with IRIX in the 'other' field.
But we also expect IRIX to be dead.
There are customers out there with IRIX machines. But as far as I can tell
they do not buy new ones. But as long as those machines are still runnung we
will ship our software also for IRIX ...
... so IRIX is history.

    Greetings

                Mathias

--
Dr. Mathias Fröhlich, science + computing ag, Software Solutions
Hagellocher Weg 71-75, D-72070 Tuebingen, Germany