Hi Robert -- Would you object strongly to making dirtyBound() a virtual
function?

In my custom node, I need to catch when the bounding box changes and make
some modifications to the scene graph as a result.

Currently, I'm overriding computeBounds() to do this. But because
computeBounds() is const, I have to cast away const in order to perform
non-const operations like modifying scene graph data. It turns out this
doesn't work anyway, because thread collisions occur in multithread
situations.

Dirtying the bounding box seems to be an inherently non-const operation. Yet
there doesn't appear to be a way for code to act on that change in a
non-const way. Changing the declaration of dirtyBound() to virtual would
allow custom Nodes to take non-const action on the bounding box change.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com <http://www.skew-matrix.com/>
303 859 9466