Hi,
Yes, I would expect QGIS 3.4.x to be included in the next OSGeoLive,
since it is marked as LTR.
Best,
Angelos
On 12/2/18 8:58 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
Hi Johanna, I'm delighted to hear you feeling included in the words
you choose when talking about the community.
Re selecting version numbers for OSGeoLive. We try to track info about
our projects in links from our wiki pages.
Start with our current pages: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki
We have been moving docs across from our old wiki, and some things
haven't come across. In particular, I didn't find:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeoLive_AddProject#Which_version_to_use.3F
/Which version to use? Stable, always! LiveGIS users are usually
seeing OSGeo newbies and will be turned off by any software bugs./
(There are opportunities to improve these wiki pages and move stuff
from old to new and you are welcome to help fix things if you see holes).
We make sure our overview and quickstart docs match the project
version on OSGeoLive. I'm expecting our next OSGeoLive release will
move QGIS up to the next 3.x release, however, that decision will be
confirmed during our next build cycle.
Hope that helps, Cameron
On 2/12/18 4:12 pm, Johanna Botman wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what ‘we’ (I use that word advisedly because I am
so new) do about upgrading software? For instance, QGIS is at version
2.18 on OSGeoLive, but the current long term release is 3.4.
This has implications for the documentation and may affect the take
up rate of ‘our’ product.
*Johanna*
**
**
**
**
_______________________________________________
osgeolive mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/osgeolive
_______________________________________________
osgeolive mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/osgeolive
--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos
_______________________________________________
osgeolive mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/osgeolive