Hi Tom,

sounds good. Hope the R4.2 is coming soon ;-)

Well, concerning you're question, you're right. I am waiting for the
"INSTALLED" event to get a notification about newly introduced
bundles. Assuming I have a secure runtime, no other bundle will have
the right to resolve that bundle other than my agent. After checking
the certificates the build-in pseudo rule-engine decides what to do
with the bundle... continue resolving or uninstalling it. Do you see
any problems with this approach or do you have a better idea? I
thought an installed bundle is still pretty safe, because it doesn't
have a class loader, it can't be used as a library for resource
lookups and native code isn't loaded as well. Just the meta-data is
known to the framework, which shouldn't hurt I hope.

Another alternative approach I was thinking about was having the
management agent control the whole installation process. Meaning the
framework starts with just one single bundle (the MA) and after the
start, a configuration is read, which defines the certificate rules,
start order,etc. in order to boot-up the whole system. However I
preferred the other solution because of obvious reasons. I don't want
to invent/implement everything from scratch.

I thought this should be a not so unusual use case (although security
isn't used that excessively), so I assumed the spec reflects it
somehow. Any insights on how such things are done right now (in
academia as well as industry) are more than welcome.

Thanks,
Mirko
--
Mirko Jahn