From:   Lindsay Smith <lin...@coretech.co.nz>
To:     "osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org" <osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org>
Date:   2010/12/08 16:53
Subject:        [osgi-dev] How could you implement asm byte code patching
of      bundles?
Sent by:        osgi-dev-boun...@mail.osgi.org

Knoplerfish does dynamic byte code patching of bundles:
http://www.modumind.com/2009/06/03/making-osgi-easier/   (thanks OSGI
planet).

Is there any way to implement byte code patching of bundles outside of the
framework?  Is the extender pattern useful here?    Spring DM apparently
does it - how is it achieved?

I've read the spec over and over and can't work out if the bundle tracker
api allows you to intercept calls to the bundle you are tracking - if you
return something other than the Bundle from the addingBundle method - what
does that do?

Cheers