On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 4:48 AM, Peter Kriens <peter.kri...@aqute.biz> wrote:

> Well, you can store the actual configuration somewhere else and use the
> current mechanism to provide a pointer. Or just store it in XML/JSON in a
> string/byte[] in the configuration?
>

> Alternatively you can map the configuration of virtually an XML to
> properties using nested property names and integers for elements

Ok, that's actually close to how I have it modelled so far.

I'm also looking for a way to perhaps auto convert. So perhaps, as you
imply, something close to xml -> xpath -> property.

/a[1]/b[1]=3
/a[1]/b[2]=1

a.b[1]=3
a.b[2]=1

> We consciously prevented the complexity of XML Schemas to allow things
> like Metatype (see Webconsole's editor) since we expected the configuration
> data to be relatively simple.

Right, in this case the properties here are static (i.e. it's not really
"configuration"), so no UI.

> However, there are no limits to the byte[] length or String length so this
> allows you to encode more complex data. Although this will not give you the
> automatic UI.

Good to know.

Thank you,
- Ray