Note the WeavingHook is also available in R5:
http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r5/core/org/osgi/framework/hooks/weaving/package-summary.html

Tom

From:   Raymond Auge <raymond.a...@liferay.com>
To:     OSGi Developer Mail List <osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org>
Date:   06/09/2014 10:07 AM
Subject:        Re: [osgi-dev] wire admin add packages
Sent by:        osgi-dev-boun...@mail.osgi.org

Ok so weaving is limited to r6.. not good news.

I'm working on the JSP case. But I'm going to look at the equinox jsp
bundles to see if that can work for us.

Thanks,

- Ray

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Thomas Watson <tjwat...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
  By wire admin I assume you don't really mean the WireAdmin service [1].
  That service is completely on top of the framework and not related to
  bundle wiring.

  Here I assume you mean the bundle wiring API [2].  First I will tell you
  how it can be done, but then I want you to give the reason you need to do
  this, because there likely is a better way to accomplish what you need.

  The only way you can dynamically add package imports is to use a
  WeavingHook [3].  For each bundle class load your WeavingHook.weave
  method will be called with a WovenClass object.  The WovenClass object
  has a method getDynamicImports [5] that allows a hook to add more dynamic
  imports to the bundle as needed.  The intended purpose of this method is
  to allow a weaving hook to add more package imports that may be needed by
  the code that is being woven into the class.  But you obviously can
  choose to do it for any other reason you want to.  Keep in mind the
  dynamic imports added by weaving hooks are not persistent and have to be
  redone each time a new class loader is created for the bundle (i.e. on
  framework restart or bundle refresh).

  Tom

  [1]

http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r5/cmpn/org/osgi/service/wireadmin/package-summary.html

  [2]

http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r6/core/org/osgi/framework/wiring/package-summary.html

  [3]

http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r6/core/org/osgi/framework/hooks/weaving/WeavingHook.html

  [4]

http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r6/core/org/osgi/framework/hooks/weaving/WeavingHook.html#weave
(org.osgi.framework.hooks.weaving.WovenClass)

  [5]

http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r6/core/org/osgi/framework/hooks/weaving/WovenClass.html#getDynamicImports
()

  Inactive hide details for Raymond Auge ---06/09/2014 09:04:21 AM---Is it
  possible to use wireadmin to add new package imports tRaymond Auge
  ---06/09/2014 09:04:21 AM---Is it possible to use wireadmin to add new
  package imports to bundles dynamically?