On 2/21/2017 3:29 AM, Peter wrote:
Christian,

I will investigate it, if I can navigate a path through the serialization issues. It is actually looking quite positive.

For your info: ECF's impl of RS/RSA has three APIs of use for creating distribution and discovery providers:

1) A stable API for implementing custom distribution providers [1] and a large set of existing providers [2]. This API allows the easy creation of RSA-compliant distribution providers without having to implement the full spec.
2) A stable API for creating discovery providers [3].
3) A new API for ObjectInputStream classloading (overriding resolveClass) that delegates the actual loading to target bundle(s) via class resolver osgi service instances [4].

Scott

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tutorial:_Creating_Custom_Distribution_Providers
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Distribution_Providers
[3] https://wiki.eclipse.org/OSGi_Remote_Services_and_ECF