On 17/01/2018 1:52 AM, Thomas Driessen via osgi-dev wrote:
I also asked this question in the Vaadin forum. I just thought that maybe another OSGi developer already had the same problems and am therefore posting this question here too:

I just tried to run a simple Hello World Vaadin app in an OSGi environment (I don't use Karaf) and ended up with a ClassNotFoundException:

Hi Thomas,

Just a few general comments,
First, I am a great fan of Vaadin and use it 100%, as well as 100% OSGi and as far as possible enRoute workspaces and templates. I gave up on the Vaadin OSGi approach as I do not us Karaf and Vaadin do not seem really interested in their OSGi functionality, especially if you do not use Karaf. The technique developed by Peter Kriens https://github.com/osgi/osgi.enroute.examples.vaadin has served me very well and I continue to use it, although the disconnect between using bndtools in the bnd environment and developing themes, widgets etc. in the vaadin environment is time consuming  and annoying. I do not know, but I suspect the OSGi experience within Vaadin is limited and I also suspect they have not reached out to the OSGi world for assistance.

As I have not got my head around the Vaadin approach I can not be of much help with your particular problem
My Setup is as follows:
- I'm using BndTools 3.5 in Eclipse Oxygen
- From Maven I get the following dependencies:

Also, I have given up using Bndtools with Oxygen as there seems to be an intermittent problem that causes Eclipse to not load the workspace and once it happens I have had to reinstall Eclipse. So I have gone back to Neon and so far the problem has not re-occurred.

I am still using Bndtools 3.3, as the time required to keep up with the changes in the move to Maven have prevented me from moving up, although it seems this month will be the time to move as the OSGi Alliance seems to have changed it's handling of the enRoute project and all should become clear very soon with new examples and documentation etc..

Not much help with your problem,  but...

Regards

Paul Fraser