Hi,

thanks for all those answers and sorry for my late response.

Maybe I have been a little bit too imprecise.
The reason I asked, was that I found this article by Peter Kriens about an AggregateState: http://aqute.biz/2017/04/24/aggregate-state.html

I wrote such a service and only was wondering afterwards if this really works all the times or if I just hit a lucky punch and it worked the few times I tested it. Or if I got Peter's intentions completely wrong and did something AggregateState was not meant for.

So what I do is writing a component as described in the article like this:

@Component
public class MyComp{

    @Reference(target="(&(x.prop=x)(y.prop=y))")
    private AggregateState state;

    @Reference(target="(x.prop=x)")
    private volatile X x;

    @Reference(target="(y.prop=y)")
    private volatile Y y;

    @Activate
    private void activate(){
        doSomethingWithXandY();
    }

}

So even if my AggregateState is satisfied, which means that there are fitting, activated services for X and Y, can I rest assured that X and Y are injected BEFORE activate() is called? Because my understanding was that X and Y might still be null and MyComp is nevertheless eligible for activation.

Kind regards,
Thomas