From: David Leangen via osgi-dev <osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org>
Sent by: osgi-dev-boun...@mail.osgi.org
To: osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org
Subject: [osgi-dev] Logger at startup
Date: Sun, Aug 26, 2018 3:06 PM

Hi!

I’m sure that this question has been asked before, but I did not successfully find an answer anywhere. It applies to both R6 and R7 logging.

I would like to set up diagnostics so I can figure out what is happening during system startup. however, by the time the logger starts, I have already missed most of the messages that I needed to receive and there is no record of the things I want to see. Another oddity is that even after the logger has started, some messages are not getting logged. I can only assume that there is some concurrency/dynamics issue at play.

In any case, other than using start levels, is there a way of ensuring that the LogService (or Logger) is available when I need it?

Thanks!
=David