Can you explain why you need to know the exporter in this case?  It sounds like you have to be using reflection to call the service, in which case I would not think the wiring mattered.  If you need to know exactly the exporting bundle of the API then one approach would be to get the service object and interrogate its class/interface hierarchy until you find the API class name you are looking for and then use FrameworkUtil.getBundle(Class) method.

Tom

----- Original message -----
From: "Jürgen Albert via osgi-dev" <osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org>
Sent by: osgi-dev-boun...@mail.osgi.org
To: osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org
Subject: [osgi-dev] Get Bundle for package and version
Date: Mon, Nov 12, 2018 6:58 AM

Hi,

I have a whiteboard, that needs to consume a remote service. Neither the
RSA that registers the service proxy nor my whiteboard that needs to
work with the interface has a wiring to the API Bundle. What the RSA
does tell me, is the packages and the versions of the API Interfaces.
Now I'm looking for a way to ge the appropriate bundle wiring. I know, I
can iterate over all available Bundles, and look if one exports the
package in the given version, but AFAIK I can't be sure if this is the
right package, in case it was offered by multiple bundles.

What would be the right approach here?

Thx,

Jürgen.

--