Hi Paul,

The error you’re seeing is a resolution failure because the
"com.vaadin.flow.osgi version=1.2.3” bundle has a requirement in the
“osgi.service” namespace for the service with interface
“org.osgi.service.http.HttpService”. This basically says that the Vaadin flow
bundle is trying to use the HttpService in some way, and therefore the exported
application needs to include a bundle which provides the HttpService.

Now in fact the Felix Http Jetty implementation used in OSGi enRoute *does*
provide this service, however it is missing the metadata from the manifest
saying that it provides this service. This is a packaging bug in the Felix
Jetty bundle, and is why the resolve fails.

There is a further question, which is why on earth the Vaadin Flow bundle is
using the HttpService? It would be better and easier for them to use the Http
Whiteboard than to use the old HttpService to provide content…

Best Regards,

Tim