Hi Paul,

Firstly - this sounds like something for the Bndtools list rather than the OSGi
developer list, in that your asking a question about the Bndtools M2E
integration, rather than a question about OSGi enRoute.

That said, “a long time” isn’t hugely clear - are we talking seconds or
minutes? Seconds is probably normal, minutes probably isn’t. If it is minutes
then is this every time, or is it only when you force updates? If you’re
forcing a dependency update this will make Maven look for your dependencies in
remote repos again, which will definitely add time.

Another thing to be aware of is that a lot of build tasks in Eclipse don’t add
a message, so if the successor/children to "Checking index project APP for
rebuild” don’t add a message it may look like the check is taking a long time,
even though what it’s actually doing is something else.

If you’re after more detailed analysis, or actually looking for a fix then I
can recommend raising this with the Bndtools list.

Tim