http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/184621.php

Al Qaeda Will Nuke US in Late September (update)

A Pakistani journalist says that his sources in al Qaeda and the Taliban are
claiming that nuclear material has already been smuggled across the Mexican
border into the U.S. and that an operation bigger than 9/11 will be carried
out during Ramadan--which begins later this month.
Hamid Mir, who is the only journalist ever to interview both Osama bin Laden
and Ayman al Zawahiri, claims that he learned this information on a recent
trip to Afghanistan last month.
So, the guy does have a track record, but considering that he got the
information from al Qaeda and the Taliban....well, these guys aren't exactly
reliable sources. So, yeah the headline is alarmist, but blame my editor and
not me.
A man called Adnan Al-Shukri Jumaa (Juma, Jumah) is presently in the U.S.
and has been assigned the task of detonating the nuclear material. The
report does not say whether an actual nuclear bomb was smuggled in or only
material to be used for a 'dirty bomb'.
Reports about Jumaa have been circulating for years. His real name is Adnan
G. El Shukrijumah <http://www.fbi.gov/terrorinfo/elshukrijumah.htm>  and he
is wanted by the FBI. Shukrijumah has long been rumored to be inside the
U.S. awaiting <http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/124739.php>  orders to
detonate a dirty bomb.
Last month, rumors began circulating that Shukrijumah had been seen
<http://michellemalkin.com/archives/000413.htm>  in Honduras.
ADNKI
<http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.php?cat=Terrorism&loid=8.0.338885348&par=
0> :
The Pakistani journalist also gave a brief background on Adnan Jumaa. Born
in Saudi Arabia, he moved to the US where he met a group of a Al-Qaeda
members in the Al-Farouq mosque in New York in 2000. He then traveled to an
Arab state and from there to Pakistan then Afghanistan. He left there two
years ago and since then has smuggled nuclear material from Mexico to the
US. Jumaa has earned the nickname "Al-Qaeda nuclear whizz" and is tagged to
play the same role in a future attack as Mohammed Atta did in the 9/11
attacks.
In March 2003 the FBI announced that it was seeking a link between Adnan and
others accused of terroris, saying Adnan Jumaa "or maybe one of his several
nicknames" had appeared in intelligence information gathered after the
arrest of Khalid Sheik Mohammad.
Western media had reported in earlier times that Adnan Jumaa was a Saudi
pilot, but the Saudi Ministry of Interior security spokesman lieutanent
Mansour Al-Turki said in a statement to Al-Watan newspaper two months ago
that Adnan Jumaa is not a Saudi citizen, he was living in the kingdom until
he was eleven years old and left along with his parents, who are not Saudis,
twenty years ago.
In addition, Mir also claims that 300 suicide bombers are now in Kabul and
will begin attacking during Ramadan.
Oh, he also says that Osama bin Laden and Mullah Omar just met to plan the
attacks.
File under: Alarmist news from unreliable sources, but alarming enough to
keep an eye out.
Hat tip to Patrick
<http://clarityandresolve.com/archives/2006/09/hamid_mir_shukr.php>  al
Kuffar at Clarity and Resolve.
UPDATE: Dan
<http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2006/09/more_on_alle
ged_1.html>  Reihl has more on the Canada connection.
UPDATE: Allah has more here
<http://hotair.com/archives/2006/09/12/report-al-qaeda-planning-nuke-attack-
for-ramadan/>  and Gateway Pundit here
<http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2006/09/wanted-adnan-jumaa-for-suspected.
html> . Both make important points, Allah especially on some other chatter
about this guy.
UPDATE: Dean
<http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/g/a156a677-11b0-4be7-b84d-63b2a8b2c197>
Barnett, filling in for Hugh, recycles an old essay, with some important
facts on the threat of suitcase bomb. Bottom line, al Qaeda doesn't have
them.
A reader also points out that I misread part of the story, and the Ramadan
threat applies only to Afghanistan and not the nuke threat.
Also, I'm actually trying NOT to be alarmist here. Hence, all the caveats
about the unrealiability of the source. But, worst-case scenario stuff
should always worry us to the point of prevention, but not panic. I have
home-insurance even though the likelihood of my house catching on fire is
low.