http://www.advicegoddess.com/archives/2007/02/the_problem_wit_2.html

The Problem With Islam
Bill Warner, the director of the  <http://www.cspipublishing.com/> Center
for the Study of Political Islam (CSPI)
<http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=26769> talks to
Front Page's Jamie Glazov about the absence of "the Golden Rule" in Islam:

Let's examine the ethical basis of our civilization. All of our politics and
ethics are based upon a unitary ethic that is best formulated in the Golden
Rule:

Treat others as you would be treated.

The basis of this rule is the recognition that at one level, we are all the
same. We are not all equal. Any game of sports will show that we do not have
equal abilities. But everyone wants to be treated as a human being. In
particular, we all want to be equal under the law and be treated as social
equals. On the basis of the Golden Rule-the equality of human beings-we have
created democracy, ended slavery and treat women and men as political
equals. So the Golden Rule is a unitary ethic. All people are to be treated
the same. All religions have some version of the Golden Rule except Islam.

FP: So how is Islam different in this context?

Warner: The term "human being" has no meaning inside of Islam. There is no
such thing as humanity, only the duality of the believer and unbeliever.
Look at the ethical statements found in the Hadith. A Muslim should not lie,
cheat, kill or steal from other Muslims. But a Muslim may lie, deceive or
kill an unbeliever if it advances Islam.

There is no such thing as a universal statement of ethics in Islam. Muslims
are to be treated one way and unbelievers another way. The closest Islam
comes to a universal statement of ethics is that the entire world must
submit to Islam. After Mohammed became a prophet, he never treated an
unbeliever the same as a Muslim. Islam denies the truth of the Golden Rule.

By the way, this dualistic ethic is the basis for jihad. The ethical system
sets up the unbeliever as less than human and therefore, it is easy to kill,
harm or deceive the unbeliever.

The CSPI Method for understanding Islam, as quoted on their site (with
literature for sale to make Islam accessible to the ordinary non-Islamic
person):

1. Islam is a religion and a political system. Only the political system is
of interest to non-Muslims, since it determines how Islam treats you. Study
the religion of Islam if you want to become a Muslim.

2. All of Islam is based upon the Koran, the Sira (life of Mohammed), and
Hadith (Traditions of Mohammed)-the Islamic Trilogy.

3. The entire political doctrine is found in the Trilogy. By reading the
Trilogy, you will understand Islam's actions and words.