http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/global.php?id=727932

FSM has introduced you to a British citizen who has preached hatred and
incitement against Britons and their society for a long time. Finally, he
has been arrested for glorifying terrorism. Yet FSM Contributing Editor
Adrian Morgan doubts that this long overdue arrest signals any great change
in Great Britain. Read why.

Meet Abu Izzadeen, British Citizen: Sharia Law Will Conquer Infidels – Part
III

Adrian Morgan

 Abu Izzadeen, former member of Al-Muhajiroun, has consistently escaped
prosecution. In August 2005, the Attorney General and the Head of the Crown
Prosecutions investigated the possibility of taking Izzadeen to court, but
decided to do nothing. In yesterday's Part II, I provided a transcript of
<http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/global.php?id=722612>  a speech which
Izzadeen had made in Small Heath, Birmingham, on July 2, 2006. This speech
appeared to glorify terrorism.

 In April 2006, a new law entered Britain's statute books, the Terrorism Act
2006 <http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2006/20060011.htm> . Under Schedule 1,
section 1 (3a) of this law, it is illegal if someone: "glorifies the
commission or preparation (whether in the past, in the future or generally)
of such acts or offences; and (b) is a statement from which those members of
the public could reasonably be expected to infer that what is being
glorified is being glorified as conduct that should be emulated by them in
existing circumstances." The maximum sentence for this offense is 7 years'
imprisonment, if conviction follows an indictment.

 On September <http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-6093015,00.html>
20, 2006, Izzadeen interrupted a speech given by the UK Home Secretary, John
Reid, at Leytonstone, northeast London. Izzadeen yelled out: "I am furious.
I am absolutely furious - John Reid should not come to a Muslim area. You
are an enemy of Islam and Muslims. Shame on all of us for sitting down and
listening to him." He spoke of "state terrorism" by UK police. "They are
going to come in the morning to your house ... they are going to kick your
door down when you're in bed with your wife, then drag you from your own
bed." Izzadeen said
<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=JGBK0XFWO1TGTQFIQMFSF
FWAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2006/09/21/nreid21.xml> : "John Reid, Tony Blair and
George Bush's crusade can all go to Hell."

 Five days after this outburst, the Sunday
<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/09/24/nterr24.xml
>  Telegraph revealed that the Crown Prosecution Service had said an
"ongoing investigation" of Izzadeen was underway. This investigation was
examining the possibilities of mounting charges of incitement and
solicitation to murder. A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said that
"it may be that we still require further evidence for the most serious
charges being considered."

 Finally, on Friday, February 9 last week, Izzadeen was brought before a
judge. He had been arrested
<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=BPU3ZCE4PWM3FQFIQMFSF
FWAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2007/02/09/nmuslim09.xml>  the day before. The arrest
was connected with his Small Heath speech from July 2, 2006. He was charged
under Section 1 of the 2006 Terrorism Act with glorifying terrorism.
Izzadeen was told <http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007060792,00.html>
by Judge Daphne Wickham to surrender his passport and not to attend any
organized meetings before she granted him conditional bail.

 Izzadeen was a spokesperson for the group Al Ghurabaa and also was a senior
figure in the Saviour/Saved Sect, spin-off groups formed after the
dissolution of Al-Muhajiroun. In July, shortly after the notorious Small
Heath speech, these groups were officially banned
<http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/002585.html>  by John Reid.
The Home Secretary had failed to outlaw another group comprising exactly the
same membership, Ahlus Sunna Wal Jamaah. This had been inaugurated in
November 2005 <http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/000979.html> ,
with Izzadeen in attendance.

 After Izzadeen heckled John Reid in Leytonstone, he was invited to appear
on BBC's Radio 4, on its prestigious morning show Today. Izzadeen said
<http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/003024.html> : "We are not
talking about elections. I'm a Muslim; I work with the community, I live in
the community, John Reid doesn't. And I'm telling you we have had enough.
We've had enough of the police raids, enough of the shooting in Forest
Gates, enough of the arrests inside Walthamstow, inside restaurants, under
the guise of your war against terror which everybody knows, Muslims and
non-Muslims, is a war against Islam."

 "And I'm telling you something - if they don't stop this there's going to
be a very strong reaction from the community, maybe not from me on an
individual level, but people have had enough."

 When asked by the interviewer to explain this, Izzadeen said: "Well I think
the British Government, they should really open their eyes and smell the
coffee. You can only push people to a certain level until they explode. We
are not talking about a self-suicide operation, but there is a tension
within the community because they are being targeted. If you're going to
talk terrorism you have to look at Tony Blair because at the moment, the
biggest terrorist is George Bush and his side-kick."

 Aware of the ramifications of the Terrorism Act 2006, Izzadeen refused to
state that Muslim terrorism was "justified", but returned to his favorite
themes: "As a Muslim I believe Allah created whole universe; he created the
UK. It doesn't belong to you, it doesn't belong to the Queen, it doesn't
belong to the Anglo-Saxons. Allah has put us on the planet earth to live
wherever we want and implement the Sharia rules... Democracy means
sovereignty for man; and as a Muslim, we believe sovereignty for the Sharia,
therefore I would never take part in democratic principles. Rather I will
work to change society in accordance with Islamic methodology."

 Though a trained electrician, Izzadeen does not work, and has not worked
for years. A doctrine
<http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article552687.ece>  of his
"spiritual leader" Omar Bakri Mohammed maintains that British Muslims should
live off welfare benefits provided by the democratic system they aim to
destroy. Izzadeen receives an estimated £700 ($1,363) in state benefits each
month to pay for himself, his Arabic wife and their three children.

 Despite having a family and one wife, Izzadeen tried to gain three extra
"wives" last September
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id
=407055&in_page_id=1770> . The way Izzadeen described himself on an Islamic
matrimonial site gives an insight into the Islamist's monstrous ego and
narcissism. He called himself "the life of the party" and claimed to watch
"a lot" of Al Jazeera TV. The wives he was seeking had to be aged over 16
and under 40. He described himself as "passionate, bold, protective, witty
and sensitive". He claimed to be "very funny, loving and humble towards the
believers," and said he went to the gym regularly and loved kung fu. He
claimed his most "attractive feature" was his "long beard". He admitted it
did not grow beyond a certain length, but added that he was "muscular", 5
foot 11 inches tall, and that he had hazel eyes.

 Any additional wives would not be legitimate, and would not be maintained
by Izzadeen financially. That would be the duty of the democratic society
which he hates so much. Izzadeen claimed on the website MuslimIntro.com
<http://www.muslimintro.com/>  that he wished to father nine additional
children by new wives.

 Izzadeen is an attention-seeker. His appearances on video and TV have drawn
hostile reactions from the UK public who have witnessed his rants, and now
he is facing charges of "glorifying terrorism". He maintains that he is an
Islamic scholar, but in practice, he is little more than a thug. The Muslim
group to which he still belongs, Ahlus Sunna Wal Jamaah, was involved in an
illegal <http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/001573.html>
protest against the Danish
<http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/001565.html>  cartoons on
February 3, 2006.

 Outside the Danish Embassy in London, members of this group carried
placards which read: "Behead those who insult Islam", "Europe. Take some
lessons from 9/11", "Europe you will pay. Demolition is on its way", "Europe
you will pay. Your extermination is on its way," "Slay those who insult
Islam," "Butcher those who insult Islam." Ahlus Sunna Wal Jamaah members
also heckled Catholic worshippers at Westminster Cathedral in September
<http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/002978.html>  last year.

 In  <http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/003298.html> November,
Izzadeen was involved in heckling police outside the Old Bailey. A trial had
started of one of Ahlus Sunna Wal Jamaah's members, Mizanur Rahman, who had
called for deaths of Americans during the February demonstration. Outside
the court, a cameraman was physically assaulted, a policeman was punched in
the face, and another had his helmet ripped off.

 As an official spokesman for the now banned group Al Ghurabaa, Izzadeen was
responsible for an article which appeared on its website in February last
year, which encouraged the murder of people who "insulted Islam". This
article, entitled "Kill those who insult the Prophet Muhammad" can be found
here <http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/003307.html> . It
explains how Mohammed, founder of Islam, approved the murder of those who
insulted or ridiculed him.

 The article states: "At the time of the Messenger Muhammad (saw) there were
individuals like these who dishonored and insulted him upon whom the Islamic
judgement was executed. Such people were not tolerated in the past and
throughout the history of Islam were dealt with according to the Shariah.
Ka'ab ibn Ashraf was assassinated by Muhammad ibn Maslamah for harming the
Messenger Muhammad (saw) by his words, Abu Raafi' was killed by Abu Ateeq as
the Messenger ordered in the most evil of ways for swearing at the prophet,
Khalid bin Sufyaan was killed by Abdullah bin Anees who cut off his head and
brought it to the prophet for harming the Messenger Muhammad (saw) by his
insults, Al-Asmaa bintu Marwaan was killed by Umayr bin Adi' al-Khatmi, a
blind man, for writing poetry against the prophet and insulting him in it,
Al-Aswad al-Ansi was killed by Fairuz al-Daylami and his family for
insulting the Messenger Muhammad (saw) and claiming to be a prophet
himself."

 "Shortly after these incidents the people began to realize that insulting
the Messenger of Allah (saw) was not something to be taken lightly and that
by doing so would mean that you would be killed for it, a concept that many
have seem to forgotten."

 "The insulting of the Messenger Muhammad (saw) is something that the
Muslims cannot and will not tolerate and the punishment in Islam for the one
who does so is death. This is the sunnah of the prophet and the verdict of
Islam upon such people, one that any Muslim is able to execute. The response
of the Muslims all over the world shows us the inability to deal with such
people, the kuffar are attacking our Messenger and are allowed to get away
with it whilst the Muslims have no power to do anything about it. The
leaders of the Muslim world have no care for the deen of Islam as they are
busy cementing their seats content with their power and wealth. Where are
the Muhammad ibn Maslamah's of our ummah who will ?"

 In 2004 at the Saudi-funded Regents Park Mosque, Izzadeen had said
<http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/global.php?id=716208>  that any Muslim
who joined the British or American army should "have his head removed." A
video of the speech was broadcast last week, after being circulated on an
Islamist website for about a year. On Tuesday last week, he claimed to stand
by his statement. He told ITV News: "You are asking me today, what is the
ruling for anyone joining the British army as a Muslim, they're an apostate.
You ask me what's the rules for apostasy. In Islam, apostasy carries capital
punishment."  That a link connects these inflammatory statements and the
arrest on February 1, 2007 of nine men in Birmingham (six people were
charged) following an alleged plot to kidnap, torture and behead a Muslim
soldier, seems highly likely.

 Izzadeen may be seen by some as an extreme, almost caricature figure, but
his ideas are those held by a sizable minority of British Muslims. He will
eventually face trial, and if convicted he could be sentenced to seven
years' jail. But the ideas Izzadeen promotes are not going to go away.
Izzadeen may have gained "celebrity status", but in Islamic bookshops and in
university Islamic societies across Britain, the same beliefs are still
being promoted.