http://www.chieftain.com/editorial/1174802526/3

Islamic terrorists out to destroy us

By MICHAEL R. HUDSON

  _____

Michael R. Hudson is a Vietnam veteran and a retired federal government
employee.

  _____

It is a foregone conclusion there will be another big terrorist attack in
the United States. Between now and then we should aggressively pursue our
enemies, yet unbelievably some of our politicians are trying to disengage
from the fight, hoping the problem goes away.

What foolish appeasing behavior. Do you know what happens when you decide to
stick your head in the sand? It makes your rear end an attractive target for
anyone passing by. Seemingly this is the official position of the Democratic
Party.

What is going to be the excuse when the next attack inevitably comes -
another "we were lied to?" Or something like, "We believed the
administration so implicitly that we did not think it prudent to do any
investigation or research on our own despite our hefty budgets and large
staffs." Or, "We drank the Kool-Aid but it's all someone else's fault."

The Congress has been hijacked by the Gang that Couldn't Shoot Straight,
even with all the facts. There are real issues that could be dealt with at
this time, but they are off on a wild goose chase of retribution and a
rehash of Ray Charles' "Crying Time."

These politicians are asleep at the wheel of tolerance and diversity.
Blinded by their hatred of Bush and still lamenting Al Gore's election loss,
they incessantly speak of tolerance and reason while pursuing meaningless
non-binding resolutions, and launch oversight hearings into everything
imaginable.

They are obsessed with finding fault with the Bush administration and cannot
be bothered with other pressing business.

Fiddling while Rome burns, they burnish their public speaking skills by
verbally abusing anything Bush while ignoring real danger.

They are such fools they cannot adapt to a war without a front line. It is
these politicians who insist we scrupulously respect the civil rights of
people who do not even have the decency to recognize you or your children
have a right to live at all.

Heaven forbid we would actually listen in on a phone conversation that plots
the loss of innocent life on a major scale. They are fair to a fault. They
are so open-minded their brains have fallen out.

War has been declared on the United States and every other infidel in the
world by the Islamofascists. It is the intent of these people to drag the
entire world down into a war of ideologies based on religious hatred and
bigotry.

Who is an infidel? Anyone who is not an Islamist. It is not by accident that
these are trying times in the whole world as Islamofascist killers attempt
to impose their brand of religion on whomever they can and wherever they can
in the name of Allah.

The Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) masquerades as a civil
rights organization but in fact is working to Islamize the United States.
Omar Ahmad is a co-founder of CAIR and he had this to say on the subject in
1998 in a speech made in Fremont, Calif.: "Islam isn't in America to be
equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran should be the
highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on
Earth."

What is problematical about this statement is what is not said. That is, you
accept Islam or die. No half measures here. As a whole, Americans do not
appreciate the ruthlessness and viciousness of their enemy but are even more
ignorant of their friends.

The Saudi Arabian government, our so-called ally, is a major purveyor of
violence and terrorism in the world today. Their support of Madrassas and
funding for religious causes and groups which perpetuate hatred, violence
and intolerance are a major problem. They export to others and teach blind
hatred and victimhood to their citizens on a daily basis.

Hatred, intolerance and bigotry are staples of the education system in Saudi
Arabia and all of the terrorist states, including Syria and Iran. Extremism
has become the mainstream. School has turned into a hate fest that is
validated in the mosques as the clerics call for Death to the Great Satan
and other various infidels.

They issue fatwahs calling for the death of any and all people who do not
support the cause. Children are taught that it is okay to lie in order to
advance Islam. Anything is allowed that will advance Islam, including the
death of anyone in the way.

If you are looking for liberal progressives or an opposing point of view in
these countries you will have to look in cemeteries. There is no freedom of
the press there. State television telecasts hatred, violence and intolerance
every day of the year. There is no such thing as fair and balanced here.
It's all one-sided hatred of the West. The worst of them hate you, your
lifestyle, your choices and your religion. In fact, they want to kill you
for all that.

Did you know that according to intelligence gleanings, Hamas, a known
terrorist organization, has cells in over 30 American cities, including
Denver?

Do you think they are sponsoring cake bakes and social outings in the name
of tolerance and dialogue? They watch what we do as a society and pinpoint
weak links and figure out ways to disrupt our daily affairs when the time
comes.

When will Congress get the message and crack down? Hopefully, they can
squeeze it in between holding oversight hearings on the Justice Department
and trying to pass legislation for a date to pull troops out of Iraq.

If you want to find out more, you can read a book, "Because They Hate,"
written by Brigitte Gabriel, a terrorism expert, journalist and news
producer who started her career as an anchor for World News, an evening
Arabic news broadcast throughout the Middle East.