In a message dated 9/30/00 2:43:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
dferr...@placer.ca.gov writes:

<<  She says, "no I want to do it now while everyone is still right
here"....you say "go ahead."  As you move away from the circle and focus on
an empty  coffee cup under a chair you hear "oh well" and you  leave the room
and go for a little walk and wonder......what would have been another way to
handle that?  >>

Don:

Interesting issue.  My instincts would have been to say no, that's not fair
nor a part of open space.  I think you were right in suggesting that she post
it along with other issues.  As facilitators, or better yet, people who help
open the space for others, it seems to me that we are also "keepers" of the
space in terms of keeping it open.  If she were insistent, then I would
probably inform the group that they needed to decide what format they are
going to use, either OST or a traditional format.  The whole issue really
boils down to control.  Either space is open, or it's not.  This is my two
cents, for what it's worth.

Thanks,
Dave Koehler