Nick, I designed and facilitated a two day event with about 40 ecumenists a
year ago. I have never seen a group get so deep so fast and understand the
benefits of the open space process. Think that it was helpful that we book
ended the event with services, led by several of the senior participants and
sponsors. We also had an opening evening, get to know each other, where each
participant reflected on the question "tell us a story about when you have had
an unanticipated surprise or blessing".  That helped people get in the right
mood and intention so that when we kick off the open space they went right to
work.