3 comments which may sound contradictory and reveal my own need to action learn
1 harrisons' books eg practice of peace explain that an intention of Open Space
is to free people who are all trapped by the same conflict to move beyond it -
creating more space than top-down rules  or historiic cultural misunderstanding
had previously allowed - this always seems to me to be what is happening
provided the facilitator is experienced
2 however what happens when people are no longer together in the space; are
actions and post conflict innovations unstoppable?; here what bothers me is
that there is no complete database of success stories- or if there is please
given us one bookmark; i mean something that is an updating index not just this
listing - a "good food guide" review format to open space so to speak
3 i wonder if anyone has experienced deep democracy which i believe was
innovated by myrna lewis in south africa- this starts with a somewhat different
process purpose ; it aims to identify opposng sides and then get them to debate
what  with all their energy but no violence what is  their absolute minimum
demands in a proposed solution which will make them unite with the other sides
while 3 sounds a valid idea frankly it puts even more burden of the faciltator
(or indeed the spirit of the space) and who actually sponsored the event - the
very few deep democracies I have participated in did not have outcomes that i
trusted even though I was there more as an observer than one of the interested
partners
just my 3 cents worth ; ultimately the catch 22 seems to me to be that unless
hehre is already enough community to be the sponsor , the after-the space
motivations of the sponoir come back into play- so how one deals with that is
what I dont understand?
chris macrae www.BRI.school

|  |  |

|  |
Who's fanning Chinese solutions to sustainability:1) by country,2) valu...

?<a href="http://www.chinathanks.com/1977";>Entrepreneurial World's Greatest
CASE : CHINA 2017-1977</a> worldwide...