How I have enjoyed this thread! I especially salute Nick and Bhav reminding
myself again and again that "I could not know what I did not know and when
I knew I could not help but wonder if I would ever have understood if
someone had described it to me."

It's how I felt about Open Space. Never could I have conceived it until I
experienced it. Only then would I ever have seen that it was in me and
others all along.

I can relate and resonate with sponsors, clients and others who worry about
letting go too much. I can relate to us as facilitators navigating those
conversations.

Yet we all know that we can't dive in the water by just tipping our toes
in. We have to jump right in. Quite scary when much of what is done is
wading in the water.

It's why I admire Nick's openness knowing that he is already opening and
holding this space for those who do not yet know what they don't know.

As others have mentioned, when the early conversations focus primarily on
the urgent issues at hand, imagining new solutions and renewed energy to
address those issues, it becomes easier to firmly and confidently convey
and be heard on what's possible with an Open Space done well.

Because we have skillfully engaged them in the what's possible, the how of
what could happen next has a greater chance of getting off the ground.

No easy solutions on that. A lifetime of learning and I'm still learning.
It's why I appreciate this list so much.

Suzanne